How are caregivers screened and trained?
Caledonia Social Care limited is registered with the Care Inspectorate under the Regulation of Care (Scotland) Act 2001, to provide a support service with care at home. We are regularly inspected by them to ensure we meet the regulations and are following the National Care Standards. The reports they produce are publicly available on their website www.careinspectorate.com
Many of the carers have worked together as a team for a long time and as an employee owned company, Caledonia Social Care is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in all aspects of its service.
What specialist DEMENTIA care do you offer?
Having provided Alzheimer Scotland specialised social care for over 20 years, all Caledonia Social Care staff are trained to the skilled level in the Scottish Government Promoting Excellence Framework in dementia care to offer personalised care packages for seniors across the region.
I live in a rural community can I get help?
Yes, please give us a call on 03300 537 130 to discuss your requirements and we will endeavour to do our best.
What does Employee Ownership mean to me?
Research shows that employee owned companies are more innovative because managers go out of their way to consult, share information about the company, and give staff responsibility. Also, employee owned companies are better at recruiting and retaining talented, committed staff.
At Caledonia Social Care it means that our employee’s own the majority of our shares and they have a say in how the company is run and committed the success of our company, fully engaged in the business and their responsibilities as carers.
What are my payment options?
Caledonia Social Care have an open referral system. We accept self-referrals as well as referrals from health and social work professionals and other social care organisations.
Our support services can be paid for: -
- can be commissioned by your social work department
- funded (if you are eligible) through Self-Directed Support (SDS).
If you are currently receiving support via social work and would like additional hours of support, you can do this by privately purchasing services directly from us or you may qualify for self-directed support, SDS. For more information please contact our office on 03300 537 130.
What is the complaints procedure?
Should you be unhappy about our care service there are a number of things you can do.
Caledonia Social Care welcomes comments from the people who use our service and their representatives. Knowing your views will help us to improve our service.
Firstly, let’s chat and raise the issues directly with the team at Caledonia Social Care. Often, things can be resolved quickly once we are aware of any problem and you can agree how it will be solved.
Please help us to respond quickly to your complaint by providing as much information as you can, particularly:
- What went wrong
- When and where it happened
- Who was involved
Our Operations Director will deal with the problem as quickly as possible. All written and verbal complaints will be dealt with as follows:
- We will contact you to acknowledge your complaint with 5 working days
- We may also contact you to clarify the details of your complaint. Any conversations with you will be followed up in writing.
- We keep detailed records of all companies received
- All complaint investigations are instigated within 24 hours of the complaint being registered
- The service agreement (with the consent of all parties) may remain in place while the complaint is being dealt with.
- All complaints/allegations received regarding professional staff will be referred to the appropriate Regulatory Authority, if the allegation is upheld following the investigation
- We undertake to inform all involved Local Authority Care Managers of applicable complaints received with 24 hours.
- The complainant will receive a response detailing the outcome of the investigation and any action taken within 20 days of resolution of the complaint.
Can I make comments or suggestions?
Absolutely, we welcome all comments or suggestions to help us improve our service. The Operation Director will welcome your comments and ensure you are told about any action taken as a result.