Caledonia Social Care is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal data about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep your information secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes. By using our website, you're agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
For any questions regarding this Policy, our privacy practices, concerns over the use of your personal data, or exercising your rights over your personal data, please contact us by one of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 03300 537 130
- Write: 81 Oxford Street, Glasgow, G5 9EP
Who are we?
Caledonia Social Care are an employee owned social care provider. We provide services which promote independence within a persons home and local community. Our aims are:
- to provide and to secure the provision of high quality services for people with dementia, physical disabilities and mental health needs;
- to provide and to secure the provision of high quality services for carers and families of the people we support.
Caledonia Social Care is a company limited by shares, registered in Scotland with Companies House. Caledonia Social Care is the Data Controller for all personal data collected from you.
How do we collect personal data from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about services, as well as registering for our regular email newsletters.
What type of data is collected from you?
If you contact us through our website, we may keep a record of that correspondence and details of your visits to our website including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with this website.
We also collect non-personal data such as browsing data to help us to monitor and improve the performance of our website and other online tools and to provide you with the best possible experience.
How is your data used?
We may use you personal data in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- The lawful basis for this is legitimate interest, so that our website provides a better experience for you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, based on your previous interactions with us. You may contact us at any time to request that your personal data is not used.
- The lawful basis for this is legitimate interest, so that we may continue to operate as a private company with your vital support.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- The lawful basis for this is contractual obligation.
We will only use any personal data you send us for the purposes for which you provide it.
We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or for as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your data?
Personal data that you provide to us is only accessed by authorised Caledonia Social Care staff to meet the purposes for which your data is required.
We will never sell or rent your information to any third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf:
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal data that is necessary to deliver the service and our contract requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
If You Fail to Provide Personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract that we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have, or are trying to enter into with you, for example, to provide you with services. In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Access - you have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data that we hold on you
- Rectification - where data that we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right for this to be corrected
- Erasure - in the following circumstances you have the right to the deletion of your data:
- Where it is no longer necessary for the original purpose
- Where you have previously given consent for the processing of your data and wish to withdraw it
- Where you object to the processing of your data, and we have no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing
- To meet a legal obligation
- Where personal data is unlawfully processed
- Restriction of processing - in the following circumstances you have the right to request us to restrict how we process your data:
- You dispute the accuracy of the personal data that we hold on you
- The processing is unlawful and you wish us to restrict processing instead of deleting your data
- We no longer need to process your data, but the data is required by you in relation to legal claims
- In relation to you raising an objection to the processing of your data
- Data portability – you have the right for your data to be transferred to another controller if we process your data by automated means as a result of your freely given consent or as part of a contract with you
- Object to processing – where we process your data in relation to direct marketing, you may object to your processing of your data
- Automated decision-making - you have the right not to be subject to solely automated decisions about you (i.e., performed by a computer without human intervention)
- We do not conduct any automated decision-making
In all cases, use the contact details provided in the ‘Contacting Us’ section.
How to make a complaint
If you have a complaint about how we use your personal data please contact us using the details provided in the ‘Contacting Us’ section. If you are not satisfied with our response, or how we handle your data, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in one of the following ways:
- Telephone - 0303 123 1113
- Online - www.ico.org.uk/concerns
If you are based outside the UK, you should contact your local supervisory authority. If in doubt, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing and you have a choice about how you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the vital work we do, then you can you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contacting Us’ section.
You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button on all marketing and fundraising emails to opt-out of receiving future communications from us by email.
How you can update your data
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you.
In the meantime, if you change your email address, or any of the other information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us using the details in the ‘Contacting Us’ section.
How you can access your data
You can request a copy of the personal data Caledonia Social Care holds about you by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contacting Us’ section.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal data, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Our websites are protected with SSL certificates to secure and encrypt website traffic.
Cookies and online privacy
- Click OPT OUT of cookies on Caledonia Social Care.
- Click OPT IN of cookies to allow cookies on Caledonia Social Care.
If you would like to stop our cookies from being stored on your computer in future, you can do so by following instructions on your Internet browser. You can do this by clicking on the Help menu. If you do turn off our cookies you may not be able to access certain services or facilities we offer.
Further information about deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
We also use Google’s services to help us see how well our website is working. We also advertise on sites such as Facebook using behavioural and targeted advertising technology. For more information about how cookies and online advertising work or how to control your privacy online, please visit the www.youronlinechoices.com/uk.